[78-L] name that era

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Sat Apr 26 13:51:19 PDT 2014

But wouldn't most of these listed below be considered the tail of the
Big Band Era?
In retrospect I may have been somewhat flip with my "Bland Era"
description. I haven't come up with anything better since, though.
Hmmm... how about The Modern Pop Era (c. 1945 - 1962)? As opposed to the
common "Pop" category - the category where earlier records (c. 1920 -
1945) that didn't fit easily into other broad categories are slotted.
Aren't these categories merely marketing tools anyway? The definitions
are somewhat slippery, no?
Malcolm

*******