[78-L] Al Jolson's fame

rjh334578gmail rjh334578 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 17:18:59 PDT 2014

Even Bing Crosby idolized Jolson and was responsible for fanning the
flames of the comeback with shots on his radio show. Those airchecks
are little glimpses into what the audiences of the day knew so well.
Today We choke on the blackface stuff and too easily forgot the
passionate singer.  Some of the old Columbias are a little over the
top for me but I gotta say some of 'em are wonderful by any other
standard ya wanna apply.

Sent from my iPod - which explainz any bad typjng