[78-L] name that Era

rjh334578gmail rjh334578 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 21:56:02 PDT 2014

Ah, the Interlude Period, as in a temporary break in the action.  That
does kinda fit the Doggie In the Window / Mama Will Bark Era. It just
doesn't seem to measure up to the intensity of the big band years or
the rockabilly years in terms of exciting music. Some stuff, sure, but
decidedly bland by comparison with that which surrounded it.

The armchair social historian in me wants to find an explanation for
all that by looking st the folks who had just survived a horrific war
and found great comfort in the peacefulness of Dinah Shore records and
the escapist humor of Spike Jones.  Has there ever been another act
that came close to the zany sounds of Spike?  Ever?  And for ten years
America loved that stuff. Gotta ask - why?

Sent from my iPod - which explainz any bad typjng