[78-L] Interesting, if LONG, read about Paramount and early blues recordings

Joe Scott joenscott at mail.com
Tue Apr 15 12:24:00 PDT 2014

P.S. we can add to that list of states Louisiana (the black guitarist's "I Got The Blues" that A. Maggio heard in 1907 -- plus the possibly true recollections of Jelly Roll, etc.).

[...]

"I was never too impressed with his notion that blues arose in Texas given that Odum's and E.C. Perrow's research has been available since long before he was born and they documented the earliest known "blues" songs collected in the field, before 1910, in Mississippi and Georgia[....]"