[78-L] I give up!

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 14:55:38 PDT 2014

When I worked at KTPB sometimes I'd fill in on Sunday evenings when they'd
air Chuck Cecil's THE SWINGIN' YEARS.  On one of the reels the playlist
showed that Lionel Hampton's 'When lights are low' was to play--but instead
the music was 'Hot mallets'--the title on the flip of the original Victor
78.  Packed in the box was a form for noting discrepancies, and so I duly
noted this error.  A few years later the same reel appeared in another
programme, and the mistake was intact....