[78-L] World War Two power reduction

Mark Durenberger Mark4 at durenberger.com
Sat Apr 12 07:14:59 PDT 2014

This is great David; THANK you!

Regards,

Mark Durenberger

-----Original Message-----
From: David Pierce
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2014 7:47 AM
To: 78-L Mail List
Cc: Broadcast ; DX @NRC ; PUBTECH ; DX-IRCA ; REFLECTOR ARSC
Subject: Re: [78-L] World War Two power reduction

The Media History Digital Library <http://mediahistoryproject.org/> has
nearly one million pages of pre-1964 magazines online, all full-text
searchable <http://lantern.mediahist.org/>, available for free viewing and
download.

The Library of Congress Packard Campus scanned their run of *Broadcasting*,
which includes an article from November 9, 1942 titled "FCC Places Industry
on Full War
Basis"<http://archive.org/stream/broadcasting23unse#page/n1159/mode/2up>
My
quick search found many references to station transmitter standards during
that period.

We have a growing collection of radio publications in the radio/tv
collection <http://mediahistoryproject.org/broadcasting/>, including Radio
Year Books from 1938 to 1964.

David Pierce
Director, Media History Digital Library