[78-L] Automobile manufacturers' dance bands?

Rod Brown raudiobrown at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 21:12:15 PDT 2014

I was aware of Henry Ford's folk dance band. Now I find that Morris Motors
Band recorded some trad. music for HMV. I'm intrigued. Did that seeming
trend get any larger than just these two?

Didn't find much history on the Morris Band, but it looks like they go back
to the 1920s. Would that be earlier than the Ford outfit, or did they
follow after? Perhaps the two sprung up independently of each other.

I'd be interested to know more, if any of you can pass along any history.

Rod