[78-L] Rock & Roll rising (was: Escott, was Arnold Covey)

eugene hayhoe jazzme48912 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 09:09:15 PDT 2014

I actually PREFER Parker's Mystery Train...

 Subject: Re: [78-L] Rock & Roll rising (was: Escott, was Arnold Covey)
 To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
 Date: Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 10:10 AM

 No I can't and will not agree !! !!!

 Of course most elements of the sound they used probably
 existed before..
 but to bring these together in that particular mix...The BIG
 BANG!!!!

 On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 3:01 PM, eugene hayhoe <jazzme48912 at yahoo.com>wrote:

 > Aw, c'mon Erwin, listen to Junior Parker's Mystery
 Train.

 > Now ''Blue Moon'' and "Tomorrow Night'' I might be able
 to agree with you
 > on...OTOH, it often seems to me that 'Floyd Murphy was
 Scotty Moore's only
 > influence on guitar.' James Burton's main early
 influence as well - just
 > listen to all of the licks he copped from Floyd on
 those late 1950s Ricky
 > Nelson records...
 >
 > Again, I'm not saying that I don't LIKE those records,
 just that 'almost
 > all of the elements of the recording predated the
 recording.'

 wrote:

 >  Subject: Re: [78-L] Rock & Roll rising (was:
 Escott, was Arnold Covey)
 >  To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
 >  Date: Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 9:32 AM
 >
 >  Elvis best SUN ecording are no
 >  covers   !!! These are complete
 muscial
 >  reworking and exist in their own universe...
 >
 >  These only can be compared with the greatest
 master pieces
 >  in music (is
 >  Charlie Parker is also an imitator because KoKo
 is based on
 >  an already
 >  existing tune...)
 >
 >  Anyone with a bit musical ears can hear there is
 actually no
 >  comparison
 >  with the original version possible... Nobody
 could dream up
 >  version of
 >  That's All Right  or Bue Moon of Kentucky as
 this man
 >  of musical genius
 >  did..
 >

 >  On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Koen Kamphuijs
 & Gusta
 >  Harderwijk <
 >  koen at koenkamphuijs.nl>
 >  wrote:
 >
 >  > At 13:53 19-3-2014, Erwin Kluwer wrote:
 >  > >Jackie Wilson: "blacks stole more form
 Elvis then