[78-L] Melotone Recording Studio, Manhattan

Joel Bresler joel.br at verizon.net
Tue Mar 18 18:55:37 PDT 2014

Some further information on Melotone and its proprietress.

Melotone Recording Studio, 25 Central Park West, was operated by Mera
Machnes Weinstock who resided at the same address. She filed a business
certificate for the studio in 1938. An ad in the New York Times, December
11, 1956, offers: "RECORDS, taken in our studio of broadcasts, televisions,
etc. Several hundred for sale. Melotone, CI 6-1366."

Mera Machnes was born 19 March 1887 in Germany. Married Davis Weinstock;
died June 1975 while residing in zip code 10023 (which is the same zip as 25
CPW, though I don't know if she was still living there when she passed.)
Before her marriage she concertized as a soprano.

Best,

Joel Bresler, Publisher
www.sephardicmusic.org
250 E. Emerson Road
Lexington, MA 02420
United States

1-781-862-4104 (Telephone & FAX)
joel.br at verizon.net
IN CASE OF VERIZON EMAIL PROBLEMS, PLEASE USE MY BACK-UP EMAIL:
joelbresler-at-gmail.com