[78-L] Fw: OT-Movie "NEW ORLEANS" Soundtrack on 4 16" Discs

Randy Watts rew1014 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 14:24:23 PDT 2014

The review I found of the movie in a 1929 issue of a trade journal I have specifically mentions dialogue at the end of the picture. It was in their release calendar as being available both sound-on-film and sound-on-disc, as well as in a silent version for theaters not yet equipped for sound. A format for everybody.

Sort of like when record companies were issuing albums in 78 rpm, 45 rpm and LP.

Their release calendar, incidentally, gives the release date as June 20.

Randy