[78-L] Early VICTOR RECORD recorded in Japan

Clifford Bolling 78records at cdbpdx.com
Fri Mar 14 13:17:50 PDT 2014

I just acquired a small collection of Japanese 78s which included 4 10" single sided VICTOR RECORD labels
I've not seen before.  Also haven't been able to find any info about them, either, except the Nipper logo appears
to date from 1906-1908.  All 4 show the VICTOR RECORD title around the top with -RECORDED IN JAPAN- under
that.  1 of the 4 has a conditions sticker on the back dated Feb ?, 1908 stating for sale in the U.S. for 60c.  The
other 3 have no sticker on the back and the conditions are in 3 lines around the bottom of the label.

I posted these records to YouTube on my VintageJapaneseMusic channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/vintagejapanesemusic

Has anyone seen this label?  Doesn't seem like this label was issued very much...

Thanks!  Cliff