[78-L] Escott, was Arnold Covey

eugene hayhoe jazzme48912 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 11:16:48 PST 2014

The thing that always trips me out about this argument is how could someone 'invent' in the 1950s what literally thousands of 'non-whites' (and some 'whites, like Jimmy Wright & Porky Harris, to name a couple) were already doing in the 1940s? The only evidence we have 'are the ''stars'' who recorded; there were many more who did not.  MANY participants contributed; not all were musicians either - Syd Nathan's idea that  'if it was a hit in one genre it might be a hit in another' was certainly a profitable one for him; 'Chuck Berry's' "Ida Red" also comes to mind.