[78-L] Melodisc (Hollywood) discography

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 09:48:57 PST 2014

On 28/02/14 17:11, Han Enderman wrote:
> Here is almost all you want to know:
> http://opalnations.com/files/Melodisc_Records_of_Hollywood_1945-1946_Acrobat_ADDCD_3066_2010.pdf
>
> and look at his other files for related music.
> Acrobat can also be obtained from the UK, not too expensive.
>
> It seems that these 2 CDs cover the whole range of the label, 101-114 & 1001-1017.
> If you have a scan of the Billboard page, can you mail it to me ?
> I have ebay label shots of ca. 80% of the records, exactly in the ranges given.
>
> han enderman

I've just got this set, and it's about the worse example of remastering
I've ever heard. Over-filtering, rumble, poor tracking, badly-worn
copies and fluctuating volume--you name it's there!

To make matters worse, the notes referred to Doc Evans having recorded
for Melodisc (not included in the set), but the Melodisc he is referring
to is English Melodisc, which were from Disc.

      Julian Vein