[78-L] Lester Young - or Arnold CoVey?

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 17:47:33 PST 2014

My intent was to highlight the reference to Covey as the soloist on Christian's classic record, not the misspelling.  Reading Julian's response, I have to wonder if the line was intended as an inside joke, somewhat in the manner of the famous Blind Orange Adams discovery.  I could see this as a joke between he and Michael Brooks or other members of the team who put this set together, and then it never got edited out/fixed prior to printing.  Whatever the case, it's still pretty funny.

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles - or Wite Out.