[78-L] A unique side break

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 15:29:27 PST 2014

And of course, Genie the
Magic Record, Peter Lind Hayes,  on Decca DV 900002 B (mx 73674)

no warning on side One to
continue on the flip, but side Two opens with
SCRATCH - "Oops, be
careful with that needle, it scratches.!  I'm sure glad you turned me over
- that fuzz on the phonograph tickles."  That was for the kiddie
market in 1947 and my kids loved it in the 1980s and asked for a CD copy for
Christmas a few years ago.

I also have Beltona 1596 (mx
M13125/6), ["British Made," it says, and obviously for Scottish
distribution]
Bringing in the New Year by
Bob Smith and His Ideal Band
Their genuine Scots is much
stronger than my well-studied-but-still-limited Harry Lauder vocabulary, so I
canna unnerstan' all of what what he says at the end of Part 1, but ends with
something about
"...terrrn th' rrekkud
'roon."  a little different than the rest of us Yankees would use.

Can anybody tell me anything
about this disc??

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.