[78-L] A unique side break

Joe Scott joenscott at mail.com
Mon Mar 3 10:09:01 PST 2014

On Stuff Smith's Feb. '36 recording he talked about turning the record over if you wanted to learn the game, yas yas yas, but didn't have that come on now, Jackson part on the other side.
The "red cap," "blue cap" etc. stuff in that song reminds me of something I saw the other day: in the latest catalog from Malaco, the DVD Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow is advertised as Skycap And The World Of Tomorrow.
Joseph Scott
"Paul Whiteman's orchestra did a small-group record for Victor in March,
1936, under the name 'Paul Whiteman presents the Teagarden Boys and
Trumbauer Swing Section'. It was 'I'se A-Muggin'', spread out over both
sides of a 10 inch disc. At the end of the first side, Jack Teagarden
tells Carl Kress about a numbers game tied with the song, promising to
tell him all about it after the record is turned over to the other side.
Side two starts with Kress demanding 'Well come on now, Jackson, tell me
all about the numbers.'"

Michael Shoshani"