[78-L] 78-L Digest, Vol 65, Issue 34

Mike Harkin xxm.harkin at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 26 15:03:20 PST 2014

What does, or did, the owner of the name say?  Any way of ascertaining?  I can  think of two or three more variants
besides the two so far.  As to th BBC, they may be wright,
but OTOH anglophones are notoriously loosey-goosey
when pronouncing the least out-of-the-usual names [anglo
or foreign].  Usual being Smith, Jones, Brown, Williams....

Mike in Plovdiv