[78-L] Late Decca 78

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Tue Feb 25 11:41:06 PST 2014

The last Canadian Decca label image I have is 30923, also Webb Pierce.
On 45s the 30/31000 series is continued, but on 78s these numbers had been used
for prewar ethnical issues, with at first maroon/red block labels.

Was there an ethnical 30000 series?
The orig. 30100 label looks like Armenian; the postwar issue is Al Hibbler.
The orig. 31000 series is Greek.
The orig. 32000s are Turkish, recd in Greece or Turkey.
Do the Decca dgs list the various series?

han enderman
===
>>> Just found what might be the last Decca 78 produced in Canada -
#31021: Whirlpool of Love / No Love Have I by Webb Pierce.
"Whirlpool" was recorded 8-17-59; "No Love" was recorded 10-12-59.
Can anyone confirm anything later than this?
Cary Ginell
<<<