[78-L] Can't believe it !!!

Iñigo Cubillo ice261263 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 11:19:41 PST 2014

Recently I approached a bookbinder's workshop in search of newly made
record albums.

I carried with me one of those brown Decca albums bounded with screws, etc,
as a model to copy. I believe this is a good album system, as far as they
have resisted well the last 70 years. It seems cheap and easy to made. In
Spain they use that kind of lids and bounding system with screws, for many
documents.
All good except for the quality of the cardboard sleeves that Decca used
back in the 40s, which is that brown stuff that tends to get darker and
tear apart.

I showed to the guy at the workshop the whole system, and left there the
album simply to copy it and give me and assessment of the cost for 170
units (with better quality cardboard sleeves, and without the artwork
pressed in the lids, Morocco style).

$70/each. That is what I got... !!!     The original was bought at Nauck's
at $5 a piece...

I would have to make the albums myself.

Inigo