[78-L] Edison Record Slips c.1902-1903

Clifford Bolling 78records at cdbpdx.com
Fri Feb 21 21:12:00 PST 2014

I bought 12 Edison cylinders from eBay some time back and ended up with 2.  They were apparently packaged in original wrapping
but they weren't cushioned enough to withstand today's postal handling.  I did receive a full refund, though, and the seller didn't want
the merchandise back.

Each cylinder had an original Edison Record Slip.  You can see them here:

http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15969

You were supposed to cut out the circle and paste it to the top of the cylinder box lid.  No wonder so many of the boxes have missing
labels.  Probably a lot of them were glued with less than great glue...

Pretty neat.  Cliff