[78-L] ^more weird stuff using records

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 17 12:30:30 PST 2014

No, the English title is "The Sunken Cathedral".

"This piece is based on an ancient Breton myth in which a cathedral, submerged
underwater off the coast of the Island of Ys, rises up from the sea on clear
mornings when the water is transparent. Sounds can be heard of priests
chanting, bells chiming, and the organ playing, from across the sea. [2]
Accordingly, Debussy uses certain harmonies to allude to the plot of the
legend, in the style of musical symbolism." (Wiki)

dl