[78-L] Transcription query

RUSSELL BARNES r.barnes4 at btopenworld.com
Mon Feb 17 12:05:17 PST 2014

Hello all,

Further to my request for assistance regarding some BBC acetate transcription discs.

I have a 16 inch disc at 33.3revs.  The top half of the label has been neatly cut away - so no idea who cut it.  I suspect it was the BBC however.

It appears to be perhaps a trial of a musical production of the work of a Eric Nichol (author) - and - Norman Campbell (lyrics and music).     Production titles :-  'Oh, please Louise' and ' Beneath the mistletoe '.   No dates of recording are shown - but they have a 1940's appearance.    The disc is not in good shape through poor storage.

Limited research so far suggests that both Eric Nichol and Norman Campbell are Canadians.

Thanks,

Russ Barnes