[78-L] Frank Newton discography: tests exist?

Ate van Delden ate.vandelden at worldonline.nl
Sat Feb 15 14:42:18 PST 2014

The Frank Newton discography done by Bob Weir & John Postgate in 2003, lists the following 2 titles by Sam Wooding's Orchestra.

NYC, 29 Jan 1934

Frankie Newton, John Swan (tp), Nat Story (tb), unk (cl, as), Garvin Bushell (cl, as), Gene Sedric (cl, ts),Sam Wooding (p, arr), unk (g), (b), (d). NOTE: The band personnel is speculative.
176355-1  My Gal Sal
176365-1  Weary Blues
Columbia rejected & unissued (tests exist).

Does anyone on the list have these tests or maybe an email address for one of the authors?

Thanks
Ate van Delden