[78-L] Canadian music

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 15 05:40:55 PST 2014

I have exactly the same situation with the Crepitation Contest...I knew Syd
Brown in the 60s but didn't know until later that he'd made that recording (of
another kind of Canadian music).

That Godden turns up frequently. I wonder if it was sold anywhere else but
Canada? I have an acetate of him playing his own music, with introductions.
Unlabelled, found it in a thrift shop. You'd have also wanted to ask him about
the Board Of Education recordings he made with Scott Malcolm in the 40s. We all
marched around the gym to those.

dl