[78-L] Canadian music

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Fri Feb 14 22:47:54 PST 2014

I just came across a record in very clean condition which claims to be the first recording of Canadian Music by a Canadian artist recorded outside of Canada.  It's an English London pressing recorded in England of Kenneth Peacock's "Bridal Suite" and Barbara Pentland's "Studies in Line" played by Reginald Godden around 1950.  I worked with Reg Godden in the late '70s and I would love to have discussed this record with him.  I wish these people wouldn't die so soon, (though if Godden were alive today he would be 109 years old).

db