[78-L] Jimmy Lytell on Pathe

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Thu Feb 13 20:45:29 PST 2014

On 2/2/2014 8:40 PM, Mark Bardenwerper wrote:
> Wanna hear something uncanny? Listen to the beginnings of these two
> songs: Lou Calabrese Lip stick Gennett 6421
> http://www.cappyfabrics.com/tmp/Lou%20Calabrese%20Gennett%206421%20Lip-Stick.mp3
>
> and
> Lytell Why Be Blue Pathe 36741
> https://78records.wordpress.com/2013/05/16/fridays-playlist-may-17-%E2%80%A2-jimmy-lytell-clarinet-solos/

I was just looking at the data on this record:
Lou Calabrese
[C281-7] Lou Calabrese and His Hot Shots
Lou Calabrese (tp,bj) acc by unknown cl, p, tu and d
New York, February 28, 1928
GEX-1106    Lipstick    Gen 6421
GEX-1107    Let's misbehave       -    , Champ 15468
Note: Champion 15468 issued as by "Babe Woods and his Pals".

I think we can be fairly certain that the clarinetist is Lytell.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.

Visit me at http://citroen.cappyfabrics.com