[78-L] Sid Caesar RIP.

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Feb 12 15:44:05 PST 2014

On 12/02/14 20:55, Cary Ginell wrote:
> He did a routine from "Your Show of Shows" - "You Are So Rare to Me"/"Goin' Crazy" with Carl Reiner and Howard Morris as The Three Haircuts. I have it on an RCA Victor 78  #20-6149.
> Cary Ginell

==============
Lord 10.0 shows this

Benny Goodman Sextet:
Buck Clayton (tp) Urbie Green (tb) Benny Goodman (cl) Teddy Wilson (p)
unknown (b) Don Lamond (d) . Added on (1) : Doc Severinsen (tp) Lou
McGarity (tb) Sol Yaged (cl) Sid Caesar (ts)
Live "Steve Allen TV Show", New York, December 14, 1955
     Honeysuckle rose    Giants of Jazz GoJ1010
     Memories of you    (unissued)
     One o'clock jump (1)         -
     Stompin' at the Savoy (1)         -
Note: (1) Unknown musicians added for a jam.

Seems to be the only recording BG made with another clarinetist since
Stan Hasselgard.

      Julian Vein