[78-L] My history of broadcasting course

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Mon Feb 3 19:47:22 PST 2014

The students, all of whom have grown up mainly with rock and hip-hop,
were very surprised to listen to what "dance music" used to sound like
in the 1920s... They have had little if any exposure to the 78 era, so
hearing the "hits" from radio's early years is very different from what
they are accustomed to.  I've got some of those musical short subjects
to show them, the ones from the early 1930s, and I'll be interested in
their reaction.