[78-L] Problem with very high energy incorporated into remastered 78s

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 14:49:22 PST 2014

Thanks for the links....I don't hear overload or 'brickwall' distortion but
I can sense a little dynamic range compression, and also there is a nagging
'honk' around 900-1000 Hz that a little effort made with a parametric EQ
would have smoothed out nicely.  I wonder if the latter quirk is what's
irritating you?