[78-L] Seeger/Folkways memory

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Jan 29 22:03:23 PST 2014

I also was a regular at Rose Records during my Northwestern Univ years
1968-1972, and on occasional visits in the next few years.  The second
floor was their cut-out and overstock location and I bought hundreds of
dollar records over the years.  I remember the day where on the back
wall of the ground floor they had about a dozen sets of the Vogue Rumba
lessons.  I only bought one, damnit.  They were a part of a chain of
record distributors, and I had worked at one of them, Garden State
Records.  That's where all the cut-outs came from -- I once had a chance
to pick thru the Chicago warehouse in the mid-70s.  One of the reasons
why Folkways records showed up occasionally was when one of the
distributors decided to dump them instead of returning them to Moe. One
of the factors over Elecktra could also be the mono cut-outs.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com