[78-L] 1952 Steve Lawrence Test Pressing

Clifford Bolling 78records at cdbpdx.com
Tue Jan 28 21:55:12 PST 2014

________________________________

Thanks, Uncle Dave. That was a good bit of info.  After
listening to the songs, it's hard to believe he
was only 16 years old.
Cliff
Cliff,
As far as I know, Steve Lawrence's recordings for King are the earliest ones of any kind that he made. And someone may come along behind me
and say, "No! No! No!" and raise the spectre of evidence I've never heard of. But King Records isa major area of research for me and as far as I know
Steve's Kings are his first recordings and were made even before hemet Eydie Gorme. The first Steve Lawrence LP on King was released in 1953.
Eydie Gorme's "Delight" on Coral -- her first -- did not appear until 1956.
Discogs has a King DeeJay label that fills in some of the background of his
signing to King:http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=2675471 Uncle Dave Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com