[78-L] Pete Seeger: Good-Bye

Robert Shirer rshirer at neb.rr.com
Tue Jan 28 06:52:03 PST 2014

It had to happen sometime, but one is never ready.  Pete was always a
presence, retained his amazing vocal prowess long after most people would
have stopped singing.  But even after the voice left him, he could still
move crowds to sing for, and ultimately, with him.

One of my quixotic record-collecting targets is to be acquire all of his
recordings.  There are a few obscure political campaign 78s and a stray
Folkways album or two I'm missing, but I've managed to find quite a few over
the years.  I know what corner of my record room I'll be visiting today.
RIP, Mr. Seeger.
Bob Shirer