[78-L] USPS Strikes Again!?

GAVIN WHITELAW gavw at btopenworld.com
Mon Jan 27 23:54:03 PST 2014

Delivery times are cr at p too! I THOUGHT a package of vintage slides would be handier to pick up from New York when I was across from the UK so I had it sent to my hotel (The New Yorker) from Canada on 2nd January. I was across from 9-16 so I thought that would be plenty time.

Sure enough it arrive in New York on 5th Jan BUT USPS held on to it for nearly 3 WEEKS processing it through customs!!

I have had to make further arrangements to have it forwarded as it arrived at the hotel long after I left! Luckily I knew the engineering manager of the hotel so he has made the arrangements for me.

USPS are perhaps the WORST/SLOWEST/MOST UNHELPFUL mail service I have dealt with!!

I would do ANYTHING to avoid using them again but for the fact that mail actually leaving the USA seems to get out quickly enough and their priority mail boxes are fairly inexpensive for their weight!

Gavin R Whitelaw

For vintage images from the 20th Century visit my website at

www.vintage-images.co.uk

Vintage Images in Colour Blog

http://vintage-colour.blogspot.co.uk/