[78-L] The Art of Playing the Tenor Banjo

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Sat Jan 25 19:08:03 PST 2014

I have label pictures of the record containing Banjo lessons 50-51/52-53.
Assuming that there were normally 4 lessons on a record, sometimes 3,
this may be the 14th record.
Another issue has 28-29/30-31, evidently record #8.
Labels with copyright date 1925 (Hawaiian 1926). No artist given.
han enderman
===

>>> Back in 1926 The New York Academy Of Music came out with at least two
instrument learning methods on 78rpm records, one for Hawaiian Steel
Guitar and the other for Tenor Banjo. I have the complete set of
Hawaiian ones; I do not have any of the Tenor Banjo set, but I would
like to know more. How many 78s were issued in the set? There were14 in
the Hawaiian course (but possibly more). Who was the banjoist? The sg
set was Robert Yap.
And does anyone have the full set and the booklet? I'd really like to
see scans of the book.
Just curious.
Malcolm
<<<