[78-L] Benny Goodman Rare Take

David Jessup dgjessup at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 13 02:22:59 PST 2014

The arbitrary "A" take designation is from Ivan Santiago-Mercado's Peggy Lee online discography:

"I have placed each letter between quotation marks to reinforce the fact that this device is not found in official sources,
but is instead of my own creation."

Another collector and I were discussing this set over the weekend. I evaluated his holdings: he had
the master take (mislabeled as an "alt"), two breakdowns, and the alternate -2, but did not have the
very first try as issued on that Phontastic 7-inch disc. (Neither do I.)

David Jessup