[78-L] Bird with Stringency

Eric Goldberg ericgoldie2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 11:44:32 PST 2014

I don't think that Dave could have swung if he was being hanged.
Unfortunately, Dave broke his arm before Dorsey made a film , whose name I do not recall, so Dave was not in the movie.
He told me stories about the Dorsey band and Buddy Rich and Dorsey himself, but he never showed any love for the music itself. Of course it was often goose eggs, and he was a violist.

Eric