[78-L] 78-L Digest, Vol 64, Issue 5 ...Phil EVERLY

Joe Scott joenscott at mail.com
Wed Jan 8 09:13:43 PST 2014

I'm with Lennick, (1) the Everlys were special on their non-Bryants material, such as "Cathy's Clown," written by Don Everly, which influenced the Beatles' "Please Please Me," and (2) I know of the Bryants because the Everlys performed their songs so well, not because a "How's The World Treating You" or "Raining In My Heart" represented a small fraction of all Elvis's or Buddy's material. Elvis also recorded five songs cowritten by Red West, whose qualifications were that he was a friend of Elvis's from high school, so let's hear it for Red West.
Joseph Scott