[78-L] Sinatra and other singers and the 1942-1944 AFM ban

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 1 11:41:34 PST 2014

Some of it had to do with logistics - the bands and singers had to be
within reach of NY, LA or Chicago in June-July 1942 in order to cut
sessions for the majors before the deadline.  And none of the labels
envisioned the ban continuing for 2-1/2 years! No amount of stockpiling
could cover that time frame.