[78-L] Harmonia Records

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 31 22:00:51 PST 2013

In my old collection I had several Latin dance records on Harmonia, at least one by Juan Vicari as I recall. I recently found a disc not many would enjoy here, but it re-sparked my interest in Harmonia.
Harmonia H1933Don Baker, [Hammond] organ - Lee Pepper, pianoPOM21 Moment MusicalPOM22 Turkey in the Straw - Chicken Reel
I find the second track peppy and charming. I note that a bunch of their Harmonia recordings were bundled together as Halo 213 and the whole album is posted on YouTube. "Turkey" is left off, however. From what little I could deduce, I guess the recording is from about 1945.
Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com