[78-L] Choral key question

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 19 14:19:25 PST 2013

Not all were in A Flat, one was in G (after I listened carefully to samples of
all 4 sides and decided that the voices seemed more natural in the lower
speed). A bit too much helium effect at the higher rate, and starting a 1937 78
7% above 78RPM just seemed too far out. I understand that Decca's field
recordings were made on machines that had enough spring for just over a 3
minute recording..true?

dl