[78-L] 78-L Digest, Vol 63, Issue 19 ..."Never Do A Tango With An Eskimo"

Nigel Burlinson burlinson at orange.fr
Tue Dec 17 21:34:49 PST 2013

> Message: 13
> Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:13:34 +0000
> From: Julian Vein <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>
> Subject: [78-L] Oh Dear, NO!^
> To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
>
> Today I heard in my local Tesco supermarket a song I had hoped I would
> never hear again--"Never Do A Tango With An Eskimo"!!!!! I suppose in
> these PC times it would be called "Never Duet With An Inuit"?
>
>      Julian Vein
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 14
> Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 08:49:08 -0500
> From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Subject: Re: [78-L] Oh Dear, NO!^
> To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
>
> More Alma Cogan. Sign the petition below.
>
> dl
>
> On 12/17/2013 8:13 AM, Julian Vein wrote:
>> Today I heard in my local Tesco supermarket a song I had hoped I would
>> never hear again--"Never Do A Tango With An Eskimo"!!!!! I suppose in
>> these PC times it would be called "Never Duet With An Inuit"?
>>
>>        Julian Vein

"Never Do A Tango With An Eskimo" was the "follow-up" to
"I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" by the British songwriter
Tommie Connor (1904-1993) who also gave us such 'masterpieces' as
"The Biggest Aspidistra In The World", "The Daughter Of The Sheik Of Araby";
"The Daughter Of Mademoiselle from Armentieres"; "Hang On The Belle, Nellie"
etc....

Nigel Burlinson
burlinson at orange.fr

---