[78-L] Reuss was Etri was Christian

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 17 12:47:38 PST 2013

There is an aircheck of Reuss featured on electric on LOVE DEPARTMENT by
the Harry James band in 1944 - normally on this arrangement, Reuss had a
short solo and James played the rest of the solo spots. On this one show,
James had broken his foot playing baseball and Tommy Dorsey led the band,
so Reuss got the whole number to himself. It's a good one.  There's also a
Reuss feature on the James' V-Disc of STEEL GUITAR RAG.

Dave Weiner