[78-L] Anyone recognize this tune?

Kurt Nauck nauck at 78rpm.com
Sat Dec 14 10:07:34 PST 2013

Thanks for the input! It's apparent that I
probably won't have this in my current inventory,
so if anyone can help out this fellow, I'm sure he would appreciate it.

Original email follows:

Hi There!

My great grandfather is still alive
almost 100
years old.  He is sharp as a nail.

He has been pestering my about a 78 that was his
favorite many years ago.  He does not know the
artist’s name but knows the words by heart.  It is a woman singing:

“Roll him over, bless his soul, and do it again.”

On the song, she takes each of the numbers from
one to ten and sings something in rhyme with them:

“Well, here comes number nine, well it makes him
feelin’ fine
roll him over, bless his soul, and
do it again.  Roll him oooooover in the
clover
.roll him over, bless his soul, and do it again.”

Might you have this 78?  Might you be able to MP3
it?  I can pay you for the service.  Or I can bid
on the record and digitize it myself.  I have a
Wuritzer 1015 One More Time that I could put it
in and it would tickle grandpa to no end.

Nice web!  Thanks for the available info!  Have a great Christmas!

Mark Edward Ruth
Captain - American Airlines
Professional Photographer
Realtor/Salesperson - Keller Williams Realty
Licensed REALTOR in the State of Missouri
314-677-6000 KW Realty Office
314-677-6148 Personal Work
314-276-7438 Cell
314-739-3639 Fax/Home
314-677-6149 eFax
<http://www.markruth.net/>www<http://www.markruth.net/>.markruth.net

<mailto:mertwa at earthlink.net>mertwa at earthlink.net

Kurt Nauck
c/o Nauck's Vintage Records & Texas Ready
22004 Sherrod Ln.
Spring, Texas  77389

www.78rpm.com  |  www.TexasReady.net
www.MDADA.org  |  www.NewPledge.org

E-Mail: nauck at 78rpm.com
Phone: (281) 288-7826  |  Fax: (425) 930-6862

The prudent sees the evil and hides himself, but
the naive go on, and are punished for it.  - Proverbs 22:3