[78-L] New 78 rpm record from Rivermont

Bryan Wright bryan at claxtonola.com
Wed Dec 4 15:32:37 PST 2013

Hi, 78-L Friends!

As some of you know, my Rivermont label began issuing 10-inch 78 rpm
records in 2010, and this week, I'm pleased to announce our fourth 78
rpm release: a record by Alex Mendham and His Orchestra. Following in
the footsteps of Carroll Gibbons, Alex leads a top-notch 1920s and
1930s-style dance band at the Savoy Hotel in London (look 'em up on
YouTube) and their new 78 features two tunes of the mid-'30s: "Okay
Toots" and "Troublesome Trumpet."

By necessity, the record is vinyl and microgroove (no pressing plant
today will do shellac!), but if you have a modern turntable for
playing your 78s, it offers superb stereo sound at 78 rpm.

You can hear samples and read more about the record here:

http://www.rivermontrecords.com/593.html

After some delay at the pressing plant, the records are now in stock
and shipping immediately.

Thanks!
Bryan W.