[78-L] 45 RPM sets ^

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Dec 4 12:06:13 PST 2013

On 04/12/13 18:25, Mike Harkin wrote:
> And there are NO comfy chairs, not even for ready money!  Most of all
> beware the usage tribunal, which has jurisdiction over such offences
> as:  saying 'hung' when one means 'hanged';
> saying 'effect' when one means 'affect' - or vice versa;
> misuse of 'lie' and 'lay'
>
> The language gestapo will get you. "Ve haff vays of making you talk
> --  correctly!"
>
> Mike in Plovdiv

I thought of setting up a National Literal Day where everything that a
person says is taken at face value.

When someone tells the police "I didn't do nothin'" this mean that they
did do something.
When someone says "Stone the crows" this is taken as an instruction to
do exactly that.
When someone says "Bugger Me!" you have to oblige...

      Julian Vein