[78-L] Columbia A-466 Oh Promise Me

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Tue Dec 3 10:23:46 PST 2013

Greetings from FixitLand!

Just acquired a copy of Columbia A-466 with severe label damage. One side, which is readable, is one of the Rambler Minstrels sides, mx 3479-1, July 1906 per the Abrams file. The other, matrix 42 (!), is shown in the Abrams file as "Oh Promise Me" (from "Robin Hood") by John W. Myers, recorded February 1900. Does anyone have more detail on this, and especially a label scan? The label on this side on my copy is badly damaged and all credits but the matrix number are obliterated. A-466 is clearly a reissue of this side as well; do we have the original-issue number?

TIA,

—
Joe
—
“The only escape from the miseries of life are music and cats...”—Albert Schweitzer