[78-L] Mat Mathews on Jubilee

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Mon Dec 2 20:19:33 PST 2013

On 12/2/2013 9:27 PM, Cary Ginell wrote:
> I've already written to them - thanks.
>
> Cary
>
> On Dec 2, 2013, at 6:14 PM, Mark Bardenwerper <citrogsa at charter.net> wrote:
>
>> On 12/2/2013 2:40 PM, Cary Ginell wrote:
>>> Does anyone have a copy of Jubilee 6035 by the Mat Mathews Quintet? If I can't acquire it, I would like to get label scans and MP3s sent of the record. In the online 78 discography, issue #6035 is not identified, but a copy has turned up in the University of Kansas archives. Here is the rest of the Jubilee 6000 pop series list:
>>> http://www.78discography.com/Jubilee6000.htm
>>> Here are the two links to the individual sides on Jubilee 6035http://www.worldcat.org/title/elegie/oclc/077964832http://www.worldcat.org/title/poor-butterfly/oclc/81828699&referer=brief_results
>>> If anyone can identify any other Mat Mathews issues in this series, let me know. There should be at least one other disc, assuming that the band recorded the standard four-song union session.
>>>
>> Hello Cary,
>> Why don't you try contacting the library? Several weeks ago I had the
>> same situation and discovered that for a reasonable fee, the librarian
>> at U MO Kansas City sent me very well rendered transfers.
>> Call (785) 864-3496

Try calling. Tell 'em one of your great stories. You'll have them eating
out of your hand. You will be pleased at how many of these sound
librarians are really on fire about their charges. The one that helped
certainly was. Bent over backwards to help. And I now have a perfect
copy of a very rare recording.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.