[78-L] Victor release date

Michael Shoshani michael.shoshani at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 03:25:50 PST 2013

Oy. List, something happened in my post and I didn't see it until just
now because my own posts don't get echoed back to me. The attribution
carats were stripped from Dr. Biel's part: the "Those strange words"
paragraph is his, the "Edison also did this" is mine.

There are actually books you can find in libraries that go through this
code structure, actually. "Wirespeak" and others. Wire services in
particular had thick handbooks that had entire phrases distilled down to
single nonsensical words, so that the skeleton of a story could be
transmitted for rewrite without incurring crushing telegram charges.

MS