[78-L] Marlowe/Scarlatti/Musicraft

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Tue Nov 19 09:16:56 PST 2013

Thomas,

Googling I found 3 independent references to 9 Scarlatti sonatas on
Musicraft Album 72.
The NY Daily Sun 31 Jan 1947 reviews the Album under New Records
and regrets there is no separating blank on the 3 disks with 2 works.
It seems ODP lists only the first sonata of such sides (to reduce space?).

Possible (this is the sonata sequence in NBF from worldcat, as given by you):
1158A G major no. [Longo] 232 -- / C major no. [Longo] 205 --
1158B E major no. [Longo] 257
1159A D major no. [Longo] 461 --
1159B F major no. [Longo] 433 --
1160A E major no. [Longo] 23 -- / F major no. [Longo] 479 --
1160B D minor no. [Longo] 413 -- / D major no. [Longo] 463
You see that in this order the first sonatas are in ODP.

han enderman
===
>>> Hi Ted,
  Any chance you copied the notes, or have listings of what is on each disk side ???

the 78discography lists the following:
1158 SYLVIA MARLOWE Sonata In E Major (Scarlatti) 5526 - - - Scarlatti
1158 SYLVIA MARLOWE Sonata In G Major (Scarlatti) 5528 - - - Scarlatti
1159 SYLVIA MARLOWE Sonata In F Major (Scarlatti) 5523 - - - Scarlatti
1159 SYLVIA MARLOWE Sonata In D Major (Scarlatti) 5524 - - - Scarlatti
1160 SYLVIA MARLOWE Sonata In D Minor (Scarlatti) 5527 - - - Scarlatti
1160 SYLVIA MARLOWE Sonata In E Major (Scarlatti) 5525 - - - Scarlatti

however, another listing indicates the following works are included in the set, but
does not give information about which sides they are on:

 G major no. [Longo] 232 --
 C major no. [Longo] 205 --
 E major no. [Longo] 257 Les adieux --
 D major no. [Longo] 461 --