[78-L] Were classical 78 rpm sets made into the early 50's?

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sun Nov 17 12:18:22 PST 2013

I remember buying Harl MacDonald's "My Country at War" suite off the shelf as a 78set around 1960, but I think this set was reviewed in the 1947 "Record Book" by David Hall.  I was surprised because he commented on the fine sound and yet I find this set one of the poorest sounding 78 sets I know of - very wooden sounding.

db